It’s been a while…
I know, I know, I suck.
But I have a really good reason for it which I will tell you all about later. Promise.
In the meantime, I wanted to share with you my newest obsession.
Now, I can go through a lot of hot chocolate mix. Partially because I drink way too much a day and partially because I don’t follow the instructions on the box. My secret for great, instant, store bought hot chocolate? Use milk and use 2 packets of mix.
But that can get expensive so I wanted to come up with my own. Plus I wanted it in bulk.
So here you go.
- 1 container (2 3/4 cup) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 1/2 – 5 cups sugar
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 bag (12 oz) mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Marshmallow fluff or marshmallows (optional)
Mix cocoa powder, sugar, salt and mini chocolate chips together well and put in an airtight container. This made approx 3 1/2 mason jars full.
Heat 8-10 oz milk for 2 minutes in the microwave.
Add 3-5 tbsp mix. (This is really chocolatey so start light and add more as needed.)
Add a large spoonful of marshmallow fluff or a handful of marshmallows.
Here is a smaller version for those of you who don’t want to make a year supply
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup special dark cocoa powder (or you can just use 3/4 cup cocoa powder)
- 2 dashes of salt (I literally have a measuring spoon that is labeled “dash”)
Mix together with a whisk and store in an airtight container (I use Mason jars)